It's entries like these that make me think that Lefsetz should just start listening to more indie radio. That or continue to revel in his glory days of crappy rock bands that no one really cares about. It bothers me that he's so unaware of the incredible music being made today. He could rant and rave on and on about all the horror of mainstream, but never offer HIMSELF a solution. He says, "it's simple. Make good music and don't rip people off". Bands today DO that. What about Radiohead's In Rainbows? They released an entire album at the price of, NAME YOUR PRICE. That'd incredible! Doesn't get much better than that. What about Bon Iver's lyrical capacity and content? He's honestly one of the better lyric writers I've come across in a long time. I tire of Lefsetz's constant tendency to generalize about kids today, and music today, and how such and such isn't possible if you don't have the drive to make it happen, and no one has drive anymore either. He needs to open his eyes and ears. Badly.
I'm posting a link to Bon Iver's track "Blood Bank". Take a listen. You'll instantly see what I'm talking about.
and here are the lyrics

No comments:
Post a Comment