Thursday, April 8, 2010

Response to Bob Lefsetz: Track Sales Peak

http://lefsetz.com/wordpress/

Leftsetz spends too much time glorifying music players/downloaders like Spotify and Lala when he's making a case against iTunes, sites that the majority of people are not familiar with. While their format is tempting- as free things often are- these formats are not the solution to a program like iTunes. I myself use Grooveshark, a program similar to Lala when I want to just listen to music and not download. But that's rare. I've entertained the idea of Spotify, but their website lets you have music FREE, all the while annoying ads and etcetera litter the page. The majority of people download from iTunes. No, correction, the majority of people illegally download from music sharing websites. Contrary to Lefsetz's statement, it's pretty much impossible to create a format that "makes people forget how to steal". Stealing is second instinct by now. It'll be hard to create any sort of format that could reverse THAT.


Try out Grooveshark. It's a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment